Friday, October 23, 2009

Regret: Not getting a ticket

Why am I not going to see Daniel Johnston tonight? I think I'm gonna kick myself a hundred times for this one. If you have not yet watched "The Devil and Daniel Johnston", just go buy it, you'll understand when the credits roll. The man is a tortured soul, a condition of his condition I'm sure, and in a way, something his existence is dependent upon. The way he puts words together is simple, brilliant, and exceedingly sincere. He really gives all of himself in his music, which is more than you can say about 99% of musical artists. There is simply no image involved in what he does, no pretentious facade in the way he places himself in front of a crowd open to criticism. The man truly is the face of undiluted bona fide music.

No comments:

Post a Comment